(Approval from the California State Bar for MCLE training is expected in March 2018.)
Most attorneys know so much about their material that they don’t realize the people they are explaining it to do not have that same level of expertise. Most attorneys do not back up to find common ground with their clients before they start talking…they just start with what they know and that becomes a fire hose of indigestible information.
In today’s fast-pace, multi-generational workforce, almost every law firm is challenged by these three things:
- Not enough clients.
- Not enough time.
- Too much competition.
As competition from low-cost firms and online advice increases, attorneys must become great communicators.
- Great communicators save time by being able to clearly and quickly explain complex topics to clients.
- Great communicators are more efficient with client management and budgets.
- Great communicators keep their clients engaged.
Great training creates great communicators.
- Great training opens communication channels.
- Great training increases client engagement.
- Great training leads to more revenue.
Great training starts with training you and your trainers.
We train you and your trainers to find the common ground with your clients. We give you a set of tools on top of which you can apply any content. We focus on building-block communicating so each complex topic is understood based on previous information. When you build a house, you don’t start with the roof…you start with a solid foundation, then add a ground floor, then the next floor, then the roof. Proper communication to clients follows the same sequence.
Together we will close the gap between training and results.